PRESS RELEASE | For immediate distribution, June 7, 2017
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Celebrating its 30th Anniversary at the George Washington University Marvin Center, The Association of Women in International Trade (WIIT) announced today its annual awards. “The WIIT Board is pleased to recognize these four extraordinary women for their outstanding work in international trade. These women are dedicated and accomplished trade professionals in their own rights who have played important leadership roles in business and in government,” said President Evelyn Suarez. “It’s an honor to award these impressive women for their roles in promoting a clearer understanding of international trade and expanding global opportunities for business.”
Awards recipients include:
- “Woman of the Year” awardee Cecilia Malmström, EU Trade Commissioner
- “Business Legacy” awardee Carolyn Brehm, Vice President for Global Government Relations & Public Policy for The Procter & Gamble Company
- “Government Service” awardee Florizelle Liser, President and CEO for Corporate Council on Africa
- “Emerging Leader” awardee Natalie Kamphaus, Senior Policy Advisor and Counsel to Congressman Dave Reichert, Chairman of the House Ways and Means Trade Subcommittee
WIIT also announced its member award recipients, who make an invaluable contribution in fulfilling the mission of WIIT, which is to promote trade and to promote women.
Member award recipients include:
- “Lifetime Achievement” awardee Phyllis Derrick, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer
- “Outstanding Member of the Year” awardees Colleen Litkenhaus, Dow Chemical, and Linda Schmid, Trade in Services International
- “WIIT Outstanding Programming Section of the Year” awardees Professional Development Section Co-chairs Rowan Dougherty, Adduci, Mastriani & Schaumberg, LLP, and Dana Leigh Watts, Covington & Burling, LLP
WIIT’s mission is to promote the professional advancement of women in international trade and business and to raise public awareness of the importance of international trade to economic development. WIIT does this through: professional development opportunities, educational offerings and social activities for professional networking.
For media inquiries, please contact Mary Simpkins in WIIT’s management office at email@example.com