WIIT Charitable Trust
The WIIT Charitable Trust was founded in 2001 to fund charitable activities that promote understanding of the benefits of trade. The WIIT Charitable Trust’s Mission is to support women’s access to the benefits of international trade through providing educational opportunities, connecting women entrepreneurs to global markets, and improving the knowledge base to inform policymakers on trade issues. We achieve this mission by:
- Providing scholarships to graduate and undergraduate women in the field of International Trade who show promise as Future Global Leaders
- Helping women in developing economies enter global markets by establishing partnerships that promote fair trade
- Educating women worldwide on how to participate in trade from starting their own businesses to understanding global trade policy
- The WIIT Charitable Trust is a 501(c)(3) organization and contributions are tax-exempt. Contributions to the Trust are separate from dues for WIIT.
WIIT Trust Scholarship
The Trust has launched a Scholarship Initiative to support graduate and undergraduate women studying International Trade who show promise as Future Global Leaders. This merit-based scholarship is awarded twice per year and works to encourage women to pursue their interests in International Trade and Global Development.
- Applicants must be female and currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. university or college, either full-time or part-time (undergraduate and graduate students are eligible)
- Awards (up to $1,500) will be based on the quality of the assigned essay and the applicant’s demonstrated interested in international trade, and are made without regard to race, creed, color, sexual orientation or religion
A completed application includes a 3-5 page essay, accurate and complete applicant information, and proof of acceptance or current enrollment in an accredited U.S. college or university. Download the WIIT Trust Scholarship PDF here.
Deadline: July 31st, 2017
Essay Topic: “Choose a U.S. free trade agreement and examine whether it has or has not been effective from the perspective of one U.S. industry of your choice. ” Click HERE to submit.
- Briefly describe the history of trade relations between the parties to the free trade agreement you have chosen.
- Describe the role that your chosen industry has played in trade flows during the same time period.
- Analyze the impact of the trade agreement on the chosen industry.
- Provide your opinion on the effectiveness of the trade agreement from the perspective of the chosen industry.