Posted May 16, 2018
PRESS RELEASE | For immediate distribution, May 16, 2018
WASHINGTON, D.C. – At a dinner at the National Press Club, The Association of Women in International Trade (WIIT) presented its annual awards celebrating extraordinary leadership in trade. “WIIT is honored to celebrate these women for their outstanding contributions and leadership in advancing international trade,“ said WIIT President Leslie Griffin. “We are pleased to recognize women from across our trade community for their efforts to highlight the positive impact of trade on our economy, workforce, and global competitiveness.”
Awards recipients include:
- “Woman of the Year” awardee Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds
- “Business Legacy” awardee Orit Frenkel, Founder and President, Frenkel Strategies
- “Government Service” awardee Sophia Lafargue, Chief of Staff, Office of Representative Greg Meeks (D-NY)
- “Emerging Leader” awardee Shantell Isaac, Vice President, Coalition of Services Industries
WIIT also announced its member award recipients, who make an invaluable contribution in fulfilling the mission of WIIT, which is to promote trade and to promote women.
Member award recipients include:
- “Lifetime Achievement” awardee Holly Vineyard, S. Department of Commerce
- “Outstanding Member of the Year” awardees Nicole Podesta, International Alliance for Responsible Drinking, and Dana Stepnowsky, Wiggin and Dana LLP
- “WIIT Outstanding Programming Section of the Year”: Customs, Logistics & Transportation Section Co-chairs Kristen Smith, Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A, and Susan Zimmerman, UPS
WIIT’s mission is to promote the professional advancement of women in international trade and business and to raise public awareness of the importance of international trade to economic development. WIIT does this through: professional development opportunities, educational offerings and social activities for professional networking.
For media inquiries, please contact Mary Simpkins in WIIT’s management office at email@example.com