The Association of Women in International Trade (WIIT) based in Washington, DC, works to promote the professional development of women in international trade and business and to raise public awareness of the importance of international trade to economic development. WIIT does this through:
- Professional development opportunities;
- Educational offerings; and
- Social activities for professional networking.
WIIT has earned its strong reputation on a variety of fronts:
- A range of programs designed to advance members’ professional growth. These include “how-to” events on honing job skills, a mentoring program, a job bank, and numerous networking events. Because it is a volunteer-run organization, WIIT also offers members valuable leadership opportunities through service on its management team and Board of Directors.
- Frequent briefings led by distinguished officials on current trade topics and trends. WIIT puts its members in touch with the policymakers and business leaders shaping international business.
- A vibrant blog that serves as a channel for members who wish to contribute articles on their areas of expertise.
- Support for the Washington trade community and initiatives to broaden public awareness of the international trade through the WIIT Charitable Trust.
WIIT is a volunteer-run organization and the only trade organization in the Washington area that fully integrates its membership in program development and leadership roles.